Instagram is a popular social media platform that is used as a powerful marketing tool for online business. In this article, we provide the ultimate guide for small business marketers who want to use Instagram to grow their business performance.
1. Create an Instagram Account:
If you don’t already have an Instagram account, you have to do the following:
- Download the Instagram app.
- Open the app and click Sign up
- Enter your email address. Use an email designated for your business’s social media accounts. You can also log in with
- Facebook if you already have a business account there.
- Choose username and password
- Now you have created a personal Instagram account. Follow the steps below to convert to a business account.
2. Switch to Business Account:
Once you created a personal account, it is an easy task to convert it to a business account.
- Open Instagram and tap profile picture.
- From the profile, tap the hamburger menu in the upper-right corner.
- Click settings. some accounts may see
- Switch to Professional Account from this menu. If you are, tap it. Otherwise, move to the next step.
- Tap Account.
- Choose Business.
- If you want to connect your Instagram and Facebook business accounts, follow the steps to connect your account to your Facebook page.
- Choose your business category and add relevant contact details.
- Tap Done.
Use Instagram For Business:
Other than being the best social media platform for sharing photos, Instagram also offers a number of features that small business owners can utilize to their advantage. Here we provide some basics that help you start using Instagram for small businesses.
1. Use Professional looking Photos:
Instagram is one of the photo-sharing social media platform, so it is important to share visually engaging content. Take the time to make sure your photos have interesting captions and tags so people can find them easily.
2. Use Instagram Stories:
Instagram stories are a great way to create an interactive, engaging experience for your followers. You can use the Stories highlights feature and make categorized clips so they stay on your profile in order not to miss any important moments.
3. Connect with your followers
Connecting with your followers is important on Instagram. Like their posts, liking them and commenting will help you interact more! You can also mention other users or tag a photo in order to show that it’s something worth looking at for anyone following the page.
4. Add Hashtags:
Using a hashtag on Instagram can help users to find content. Don’t use non-numerical characters in the hashtag. Because customers can search for hashtags and click on hashtags they see in posts, relevant hashtags can be a most effective tool for getting noticed.
5. Use Instagram Reels:
Instagram Reels are a great way to show your customers the different ways they can use and enjoy their products. You could post behind-the-scenes footage of what goes into making one product, or take it up another level by posting promotions with other companies that have partnered with you.
6. Advertise on Instagram:
Instagram is a popular social media platform where you can share pictures and videos with your followers. When advertising through the app, it’s important to know how long an advertisement will be shown as well as what site or website they’re promoting in order to put together successful ads that get noticed by potential customers.
7. Audience Insights:
You can use Instagram’s audience insights to help you plan your posting schedule, pinpoint the size and demographics of your target market, as well as find out what posts are resonating with the most.
8. Selling on Instagram:
Instagram is the best social platform for selling online. Instagram allows users to discover and purchase products from brands directly through its app, which has been a huge hit in recent years. You can sell your product with a shop tab or by creating shoppable posts.